The accommodation is a self-contained Annexe that was added to the main Georgian House in Victorian Times.
The first and second floors cover a very generous 82m2. The open plan living area is on the ground floor, the 2 double bedrooms are on the first floor, and these are connected by a spiral staircase. There is a large hallway and second staircase to the bathroom and toilet.
The open plan ground floor living area provides an extremely comfortable and functional space for 4 people. Entertainment is provided by a 40” HDTV and a fantastic inbuilt woodburner. A Leather Sofa and single armchair provide relaxing seating. For meal times there is a circular wooden table and 4 sturdy wooden chairs. There is a fully equipped Kitchen with modern oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, extractor fan, toaster and kettle.
The downstairs lighting can be adjusted to match your mood and needs. For lots of light there are the downlighters, for the early evening there is the discrete yet functional kitchen lighting and for late evening there is the warm glow from the uplighters in the middle of the room.
The space is also practical with plenty of coat hooks, boot rack, waste bin and under-sink recycling container.
Upstairs there are 2 very comfortable Vi-Spring beds with crisp white cotton bedding. The first bed is Superking size and the second is a Double. Both rooms have a minimalist feel and are finished with floor-length silk curtains.
The bathroom is comfortably large with the usual toilet, washbasin and large enamelled bath that houses a separate shower. For convenience the bathroom also contains a washer-dryer that can be set to wash and dry clothes overnight. Iron, ironing board and other standard equipment are contained in the ceiling high cupboard outside of the bathroom.
The Annexe has walls that are 2 feet thick and is well insulated. As part of its refurbishment, underfloor heating was fitted downstairs and efficient radiators everywhere else. There are 2 separate and fully automatic heating circuits that ensure the 2 floors of the Annexe are warm and toasty when required but not oppressively so overnight. A third circuit ensures that the floor-ceiling towel warmer does its job and keeps the bathroom especially warm at peak times.
Whilst this is a great space, the 2 staircases (without stairgates and with wide gaps between stanchions), relatively narrow access to the main entrance door would present particular challenges to those with mobility problems and potentially for families with small children. But please feel free to contact us to clarify any potential issues.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What’s your address?
- Kelston Road, Bath, BA1 9AB.
Are you easy to find?
- SATNAV will get you close – but you will find directions really useful to find the driveway that leads to us – just ask us to send them to you.
How can we book?
- Please book directly. You can check availability, apply discounts, book immediately and pay by credit card all from this website. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have a question.
Do you give discounts?
- Please like our Facebook page and follow us to get details of any offers. Feel free to enquire about discounts – we are always keen to see returning guests that look after the Annexe!
Are the duvets natural or synthetic?
- The duvets on the bed are feather and down with hypoallergenic covers over the pillows.
Can we smoke at the property?
- We do not permit smoking inside – but guests are welcome to smoke outside.
Can we use the woodburner?
- Yes please do. The woodburner is fantastic – it changes the whole feel of the room in the evening. We provide firelighters, kindling and logs. It is easy to start and keep going. Do not worry about cleaning out the woodburner between fires – just sweep the small amount of ash to one side if required.
Can we use the Washer Dryer?
- Yes. Conveniently it can be set to wash and dry overnight (toggle switch: Wash / Dry / Wash & Dry).
Do we need to clean before we leave?
- We ask that you don’t wear outdoor shoes upstairs during your stay and that you treat the Annexe with care and respect. We would really appreciate you leaving things in the same place that you found them with dirty towels in the bath and crockery etc cleaned and put away or in the dishwasher.
Do you have Sky?
- No but we have a great HD Freeview Play box with all normal channels + catch up TV (Iplayer etc). Please feel free to record anything you like (TV Remote operates TV and volume – Humax remotes operates everything else).
Do you provide breakfast or other meals?
- No. We will provide tea and coffee (please bring milk if required) and some of our own raspberry jam if available. You are welcome to cook your own meals in the fully equipped kitchen.
How far from the centre of Bath are you?
- 2.2 miles to Queen Square. 5 min in taxi (£8), 30-40min walk along the road or along the river.
Is the Annexe warm?
- Yes. The Annexe has underfloor heating and a wood burner downstairs and radiators upstairs – in short it’s toasty!
Is the equipment in the house easy to use?
- All of the equipment is relatively new, modern and intuitive – you shouldn’t have any problems – but we can help if you do have a problem – just ask/call if you are unsure.
Is there free Wifi?
- Yes and the speed is approx. 20MB/sec.
What appliances are available?
- There are built in fridge, freezer, dishwasher, oven and induction hob. There is a great little toaster too. Sorry there is no microwave oven.
What do we need to bring?
- Bedding and towels are provided. You will need to bring toiletries.
Who should I call if I have a problem?
- We live in the main house next door to the Annexe – please feel free to call us if we have a problem. If we are in we will pop round – if we are out we can arrange help very quickly should the need arise.
Will we be charged for breakages?
- Please let us know of any breakages that need replacing or carpet stains we need to address – normally we will not charge for accidental breakage of a plate etc – but our insurance does not cover significant damage and we would need to pass on any cost incurred.